30 octubre 2020
WHAT IS HALLOWEEN?
- Halloween is a holiday celebrated annually on 31 October.
- It is the evening just before the two Christian holy days called the All Hallows’ Day:
- All Saints’ or Hallowmas on 1 November
- All Souls’ Day on 2 November
- Halloween is like a community based festival and is mostly celebrated in Western countries.
- Kids and adults wear different costumes of their choice and attend costume parties.
- Big pumpkins are carved into lanterns and put off for display by people in their houses.
- Some people like to visit haunted locations on Halloween where they share scary stories with each other.
- People also play pranks tricks to scare each other.
- Those who like to stay home watch horror movies.
- Superstitious people light bonfires in their court yards to keep their house safe from ghosts and evil spirits.
WHAT IS HALLOWEEN FOR KIDS?
- Halloween is a very special holiday for kids as they get to wear spooking costumes of their favorite characters. In addition to this they go for trick or treating in their neighbourhood to collect sweets and candies.
- In Trick or Treat, kids go to every house one by one and ask the question “Trick or Treat?”. The house owners then give them sweets or candies. If a house owner do not give any candies to them then the kids would play some mischievous prank on them.
- Trick and treat is a fun activity that provides an opportunity to kids, to show off their costumes and collect as many candies as they can.